Pollution is not only the external one, it also exists within the spaces we live in. With Oltremateria we can fight it naturally and safely.
When we talk about pollution we always think about the one outside our homes without thinking, instead, that there can also be the domestic one.
The main sources of domestic pollution are:
- pollutants from humans or animals, such as carbon dioxide, pathogens and dust;
- pollutants that have natural origin as radon gas;
- furniture pollutants (e.g. formaldehyde);
- Air pollutants with fine particulates PM2.5 and PM10
Together with this we must consider some particular contexts
- you live near the highway or freight terminal: when you open the windows for the air change you let in smog and fine particulates originated by traffic, especially from the heavy one;
- presence of nearby industries: industries release different forms of pollution, both gaseous and liquid;
- air that is rarely changed: if you never open the windows, does not enter external pollution but does not reciprocate the air. This could give rise to moisture that would favor the proliferation of mold.
It should not surprise us that the air inside our house could be up to five times more polluted than outside.
Sometimes we don’t think about it, but maybe we live in a not-so-optimal area as highly industrialized areas.
So the combination of environmental conditions and air quality has a positive or negative effect on our health and well-being.
But what are these environmental conditions and pollutants that can harm our health?
– Humidity: controlling it in order to prevent it helps to avoid the formation of mold, mites and virus diffusion.
– Carbon dioxide: affects our rest and productivity.
– PM 2.5 particulates: suspended particles that have the power to irritate lungs, cause heart problems or carcinogens
– Voltal organic compounds (VOCs): chemicals in the air with harmful health effects
– Radon: carcinogenic gas present in any structure or dwelling
It goes without saying that it is important to improve the air inside the spaces in which we live or work.
You can resort to the classic opening of the windows but this leads, in some cases, a worsening of the air due to polluting external elements.
Or you can use can an air purifier but this requires constant maintenance and consumes a lot of energy.
The alternative is represented by Oltremateria continuous surfaces that can be coated with Ecopur , the eco-resin that purifies the air 24/7, even in the dark, thanks to its ionizing action.
The same ecoresin also creates a physical barrier against the proliferation of bacteria and viruses (including the much feared Coronavirus).
It combats unwanted odors, refreshing all environments, where applied, exactly as a large tree would.
In addition, which is very important, it does not contain titanium dioxide or generate ozone, both of which are harmful to health.
For any further information please contact us: our offices are always at your disposal.